Event Date: February 24, 2017
Location: Kelowna Forum, 1317 Ethel Street, Kelowna, BC
Time: 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Cost: $12.00 advanced online ticket sales
$14.00 at the door
***Purchase 1 ticket to this event and receive a 3 Punch Pass Card for 3 FREE yoga classes at Ekahi Center valued at $35.00***
This evening includes:
- screening of the full directors cut of the short film ‘Out of the Darkness’ (23 minutes)
- captivating behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the film
- Q&A with the filmmaker
- music performance by Shri Ananda and Adam Meachem
After the screening of the film, Writer, Director, And Producer Shri Ananda, will help us to integrate the film’s concepts of following our bliss and social responsibility in a conscious world.
‘Out of the Darkness’ is a new-age, coming-of-age short film that gives hope to each of us who ask, who am I really? Mia has the high powered job, the boyfriend and the illusion of the perfect life. What happens when what we have no longer defines us? What happens when we awaken?
In this inspirational journey into the shifting of consciousness, Director Shri Ananda masterfully weaves together art, music and story-telling. Through the eyes of Mia we glimpse the corporate greed that’s being revealed around the globe. Audiences agree that Mia’s journey mirrors their own as she navigates her way out of her darkness and into the light.
Film starring: Shannon Wilson, Angela Quinn, Christian Armstrong, Vance Potter, Kiran Madahar, Shri Ananda, Judy Jones, Adam Schumph
– Winner of Script to Screen Contest, Okanagan Society of Independent Filmmaking
– Winner of Best Short Film Cinematography, 2016 Okanagan Indiefest
– Winner of Best Post-Production in a Short-film, 2016 Okanagan Indiefest
– Merit Award of Awareness from the Awareness Film Festival – Los Angeles, CA
Stay connected on our film facebook page – www.facebook.com/OutoftheDarknessthefilm